Terms and Conditions
- The travel services provided by Remarkable Borneo Travel & Tours (KPK/LN: 10223) (hereinafter Remarkable Borneo Travel & Tours – the “Company”) and these TERMS AND CONDITIONS define and regulate the parties’ respective responsibilities and liabilities.
- The online submission of the booking request form or via email shall be deemed to constitute the acceptance of the Booking Terms and Conditions and Payment Methods by you, hereby referred as the “Client” (the named person in Booking Enquiry Form, including his / her travelling companions) shall constitute an acknowledgment that he is authorised to act on behalf of the individuals indicated on the Booking Enquiry Form for travel and tour services.
- By purchase or reserving travel services offered by Remarkable Borneo, you and Remarkable Borneo enter into a contractual relationship. This also signifies your agreement of the TERMS AND CONDITIONS of the Remarkable Borneo.
- All tour prices quoted by Remarkable Borneo are in Ringgit Malaysia (MYR) and are valid for the duration specified.
For General Tour
- All tours quoted by Remarkable Borneo are valid for a duration of 14 days from the date of issue or the indicated validity term, whichever occurs first. If no confirmation of the time period is received, Remarkable Borneo reserves the right to adjust the tour price, subject to availability.
- A 50% deposit is required to confirm bookings, and the remainder is due one month prior to the tour’s start date, or the date specified, whichever is earlier. Please keep in mind that bookings are not guaranteed or secure until Remarkable Borneo receives a deposit payment with proof of payment.
- For short-term reservations booked less than one month prior to the tour’s start, full payment 100% is expected immediately.
- Remarkable Borneo maintains the right, without prior notice, to release or cancel any bookings for which the requisite deposit has not been paid by the due date.
For Mount Kinabalu Climb Tours:
- All tours quoted by Remarkable Borneo, including but not limited to booking climb slots, will be valid for a period of three (3) days from the date provided. If no confirmation and/or deposit payment are received within the specified time frame, Remarkable Borneo has the right to re-quote the tour price, subject to availability.
- Payment of the deposit for Mount Kinabalu packages:
- Normal Mount Kinabalu Climb – A 50% deposit is required to confirm bookings and the remaining balance is due two months prior to trip commencement. Please note that bookings are not confirmed or secured until a deposit payment is received by Remarkable Borneo.
- Mount Kinabalu Via Ferrata Climb – A 75% deposit is required to confirm bookings, with the remainder due two months before to the tour’s start. Please note that bookings are not confirmed or secured until a deposit payment is received by Remarkable Borneo.
- For short-term reservations booked less than two months prior to the tour’s start, full payment is expected immediately.
- Without prior notice, Remarkable Borneo maintains the right to release or cancel any bookings for which the requisite deposit has not been received by the due date.
- Deposits are non-refundable and non-transferable. Changes in climbers are subject to an RM 50.00 nett/pax amendment service charge.
- Any adjustments made prior 60 days of the arrival date after full payment has been received will be subject to the following:
- Malaysian changed to International climber > Climber have to pay the difference in rate(s).
- International changed to Malaysian climber > Rate(s) will remain.
For General Tours:
- If Remarkable Borneo receives a cancellation request prior to the tour’s final payment date, we will retain your non-refundable deposit and impose cancellation fees.
- Cancellation within (30) days of arrival or more than (30) days prior to arrival: 50% of the Total Tour Cost will be charged.
- Cancellation within (15–29) days prior to arrival: 75% of the tour’s total cost will be charged.
- Cancellation within (04-14)days prior arrival: 90% of the Tour’s Total Cost will be charged.
- Cancellation on / less than (03) days prior arrival or No Show : 100% of Total Tour Cost will be charged
- For tour products or individual components supplied by third parties, such as airline tickets, hotel/lodge bookings, and so on, cancellation fees in accordance with the terms and conditions of the respective third parties shall apply, in addition to a minimum handling charge of RM50 per service per person.
- Once you have paid for the promotion package, no date changes, name changes, or cancellations will be permitted and strictly No Refund.
For Mount Kinabalu Climbing Tours:
- If Remarkable Borneo receives a cancellation request prior to the tour’s final payment date, we will retain your non-refundable deposit and apply cancellation fees.
- Cancellation on / more than (60) days prior arrival : Deposit will be Forfeited
- Cancellation on / less than (01-59) days prior arrival : 100% of Total Tour Cost will be charged
- Once you have paid for the promotion and budget climbing package, no date changes, name changes, or cancellations will be permitted.
- If you decide to cancel your booking in whole or in part (whether for yourself or for another member of your party), the cancellation will take effect only if Remarkable Borneo receives written confirmation of the cancellation.
- Remarkable Borneo adheres to the itinerary. As a result, no refunds will be issued for unused accommodations, meals, tours, transportation, or any other services.
- There will be NO refunds for the Mount Kinabalu Climb Package under any circumstances, including, but not limited to, summit closure due to bad weather, Acts of God, being refused climb by Sabah Parks rangers or mountain guides due to your personal health and well-being, personal reasons, flight cancellation, or any other reason.
- Failure to present on the day of departure will be treated as a no show. There will be no refunds.
- If a refund is required, we shall process eligible refund requests within a minimum of thirty (30) days, depending on the compliance and commitment of the participating suppliers.
- Remarkable Borneo Tour will not process a refund request unless and until the guest completes the Refund Details Acknowledgement Form.
You, as our client, are accountable for
- Review the details on your Confirmation Invoice, before proceed with any payment or transaction with Remarkable Borneo. You should immediately inform us if there is a discrepancy.
- Presenting yourself in order to take up all pre-booked tour components. There will be no credit or refunds if you are unable to participate in any component of your tour due to personal reasons.
- Respecting the authority of the tour leader and adhering to the laws of the nations included in your itinerary during a tour.
- Remarkable Borneo disclaims all liability for any loss, damage, accident, injury, sickness, or schedule modification caused by inclement weather, strike, natural disaster, pandemic, or any other unforeseen event.
- Remarkable Borneo or its supplier maintains the right to adjust routes, itineraries, or departure timings in the event that unforeseen circumstances necessitate such changes. Should this occur, arrangements of a comparable standard will be substituted.
- As a result, we strongly advise all of our clients to purchase comprehensive travel insurance to cover all eventualities.
PERSONAL TRAVEL INSURANCE
- All clients are highly urged to buy comprehensive personal travel insurance in order to protect themselves against unforeseen occurrences that may arise during their holiday.
- It is recommended that you purchase travel insurance policies that include coverage for personal injury, death, medical expenses, and repatriation costs in the countries you intend to visit, as well as baggage and valuables loss, personal liability, delay, cancellation, curtailment, and missed departure.
THIRD PARTY SERVICE PROVIDERS
Remarkable Borneo provides travel and/or other services to visitors either directly or through agents for third-party suppliers (“Third Party Suppliers”) engaged in or related with the travel industry, such as hotel providers, activity providers, and transfer operators. We act as agents for such principals and thus accept no liability for any loss, damage, injury, or death suffered by any guest as a result of any alteration, act, or omission by such principals or their failure to perform their obligations, whether in relation to travel arrangements, accommodation, or otherwise. Travel services and other services are subject to the terms and restrictions imposed by these suppliers, and their liability is restricted by their tariffs, terms of carriage, tickets and vouchers, and international conventions and agreements governing the provision of such services.
What They Say?
I had an incredible holiday in Kota Kinabalu, Sabah, thanks to Remarkable Borneo Tours, who took care of all the details. The hotels you recommended were all excellent, and we encountered no problems. The driver that accompanied us was excellent; he took care of the most of the sightseeing, and we were really happy. I'm looking forward to my future vacation with Remarkable Borneo Tours.